We’ve already had a taste of the album, in the form of singles ‘Stadium Pow Wow’ Feat. Black Bear & ‘We Are the Halluci Nation’, which features the poetry of Santee Dakota activist, artist and actor John Trudell. Trudell coined the name Halluci Nation, and his poetry and concepts appear throughout the album.
The album announce follows the group’s May 2015 EP release, Suplex and their first ever Australian tour, where the trio played an extensive run of mind blowing shows down the east-coast, as well as appearing at Australian Music Week with an incredibly special performance at Homeground, an indigenous dance and music festival at the Sydney Opera House.
Their second full-length album, Nation II Nation (May 2014), was shortlisted for the prestigiousPolaris Music Prize, nominated for four Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards – Best Group, Best Producer, Best Album and Best Cover Art – and earned the group a 2014 JUNO Award for Breakthrough Group Of The Year, as well as a nod for Electronic Album Of The Year.
2. R.E.D. Ft. Yasiin Bey, Narcy & Black Bear
3. The Virus Ft. Saul Williams & Black Bear
5. Sila Ft. Tanya Tagaq
6. The Light Ft. Lido Pimienta
7. Maima Koopi Ft. OKA and Chippewa Travellers
8. JHD Ft. Junior Ottawa
9. Eanan Ft. Maxida Marak
10. The Muse Ft. Jen Kreisberg
11. Indian City Ft. Northern Voice
12. How I Feel Ft. Leonard Sumner, Shad & Northern Voice
13. For You (The Light Part II) Ft. Lido Pimienta
14. ALie Nation Ft. John Trudell, Lido Pimienta, Tanya Tagaq & Northern Voice
We Are The Halluci Nation will be released in Australia on September 16th, you can pre-order the album HERE